Favorite Scripture

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." (3 Nephi 5:13)

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Big News for the week: My New Companion and a Baptism!

Well it sounds like you have been pretty busy the last couple days but busy is always good huh? haha ya I'm not really sure what happened I was here for a good amount of time and no response but that’s ok it’s all good! haha (We tried to chat last week but couldn't make a connection. I got his message at 8:30 p.m. our time which is 4:30 a.m. his time so it must have been lost in cyber space for some time.)

Anyway to answer your question about the Spanish stuff for Shelby, if she goes to the Provo MTC she will receive all of that plus more! haha At the Provo MTC they gave me 3 books to study French.  For Spanish I think it’s 4 and they give you the scriptures in your language. Plus other things so don’t worry about that stuff for her.  (His step-sister is going to Mexico on her mission so I asked about giving her some Spanish stuff that he had sent home from the MTC.)

Anyway so to talk about the big news for the week!  My new companion and a baptism!

Our investigator finally got baptized!  It was such a relief on me haha. We had been working with him for a pretty long time. The problem was he wasn't telling us everything. He hadn't received a response to his prayers but wanted to be baptized.  He ended up not showing up to his baptism interview twice.  But when all seemed lost he finally received his answer and he found it in a verse from Mormon Chapter 7 verse 10. (See below) I found it during my personal study!  So it was really great.  Anyway he was baptized on Saturday!  I’ll be sending pictures today. (No pictures made it.) 

Anyway so the other news...my new companion.  His name is Elder Boto and he is also from Madagascar! It’s been really great the past couple days.  The other good thing is he speaks really great French...and not really any English!  So he has been forcing me to speak only French and it’s been helping me quite a bit.  He thinks that I speak French really well but I still have a lot to work on before it’s really good.  I miss Rago but this is good for me.

Anyway other than that things are pretty normal.  I finally received the letter you sent with the Church News in it. I love the bookmarks inside. (I sent this around the 2nd week in April.)  And I received dad’s package but not yours.  I’ll let you know when it comes.  Anyway I hope you have a great day and week!  I miss you and love you sooooo much haha. Je vous aime beaucoup!

Avec amour,

Elder Joseph D. Allred II

Mormon 7:10: "And ye will also know that ye are a remnant of the seed of Jacob; therefore ye are numbered among the people of the first covenant; and if it so be that ye believe in Christ, and are baptized, first with water, then with fire and with the Holy Ghost, following the example of our Savior, according to that which he hath commanded us, it shall be well with you in the day of judgment."

Elder Allred and Elder Rago

No comments:

Post a Comment