Favorite Scripture

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." (3 Nephi 5:13)

Monday, August 4, 2014

Peace Found in the Scriptures

Dear family,
Hello everyone!  I hope all is well!  So this week went by really really fast for me! I’m sad to say that this week wasn't extremely exciting.  It started out tough because my companion and I were having some problems.  On Wednesday I was really down because of the problems. So I decided to pray and read my scriptures.  After I had finished I felt an overwhelming peace.  After I decided to talk to my companion and it went great!  This was such a small experience but it really touched me.

After that the rest of the week went great.  The major problem from this week was people not respecting the appointments.  We had a lot of good lessons but a lot people were not home also.  So we have decided that this week we are going to make a huge focus on finding new people.

Anyway an update on the Ebola virus.  It’s not in Benin or Togo.  It seems to have skipped us but that’s not really a problem.  They haven’t found any cases here but we are being informed well.  I’ll let you know if anything changes.  All and all things are good.  I love you and miss you!

Avec beaucoup d'amour,

Elder Joseph D. Allred II



Me with Pres. and Sis. Morin
New Mission President

A little surprise someone found in their food!
Guess what it is! (he never told me)

No comments:

Post a Comment