Favorite Scripture

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." (3 Nephi 5:13)

Monday, September 2, 2013

This Has Changed Me...

Well another week has come and gone and the time continues to fly. This was a pretty quick week and a good one!

So for the big news of the week, we had two baptisms, Romi and Peligie!  I had the opportunity to baptize both people.  It was amazing.  At the service after they had been baptized they both decided to bear testimony on why they knew the church was true. It was amazing.  Je sais avec tout mon cœur que, L'Eglise De Jésus-Christ Des Saints Des Derniers Jours est vrai!  (I know with all my heart that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true!)

I have seen such an amazing change in these people. It strengthens my testimony of the church.  I'm so blessed for this opportunity to help people, the people of Africa are amazing.  This place has truly changed me for the better.  I would never choose to serve somewhere else!

Anyway that was the highlight of the week, I hope you like the prison photos on a happy day lol.

Today we had a soccer activity today because we have a lot of missionaries leaving in a week so it was kind of a goodbye activity!  I didn’t play to protect my knee.  I hung out with all the missionaries and talked. I like doing that more anyway haha.

So honestly that is really it for this week, things are good, oh there is a transfer this week so maybe big news next week!  Anyway have a great week, I love you and miss you so much!

Avec amour,
Elder Joseph D. Allred II

The famous Mémé!! My mother in Africa!

Pictures from this week's baptism: "I don't know about you but I think everyone except for me looks like they are in a prison photo!  No one in Africa likes to smile."
Peligie

Romi

No comments:

Post a Comment