Favorite Scripture

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." (3 Nephi 5:13)

Monday, April 1, 2013

Moving on to Week Three



Hey there! I hope you are doing well.  Well I can’t believe week two is over and that I’m moving on to week three.  Things here in Africa are good.  I’m really starting to adjust to the way things are here.  It’s been hard to try and live the way they live but it becomes pretty natural after doing it everyday for 2 weeks.

Things to report this week: we didn't have any baptisms this week.  It was a hard couple days, we had a lot of potential people that we were preparing to get baptized but one after the other they all had problems and we weren't able to meet with them. That is something that really brings me down is when we have someone that I know is ready for baptism but then they take a step back.  We had a guy named Aminou committed to baptism but he didn't come to church on Sunday so we need to find out what is going on with him, the soonest we will be able to get him baptized is 3 weeks from now but hopefully he comes around.

This week we ran low on people to teach so we were forced to go door to door for the first time since I've been in Africa, it actually brought us quite a bit of success.  We have two lessons set up with people that we met by going door to door. Hopefully everything works out with them.  Ask me all the questions you have and I will do my best to answer them in the next letter.  This week we are short on time because we had an extremely busy day.  Thank you for all that you do for me!  I love you and miss you every day and you are in my prayers every day!

Love,

Elder Joseph D. Allred II


No comments:

Post a Comment