Favorite Scripture

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." (3 Nephi 5:13)

Monday, June 3, 2013

Elder Dickson Was Awesome!

Hey it’s Monday again and here we are again haha!  This week has been really good but some things about it were hard also.  Things were good but the people we are teaching and some of our old investigators ditched us and just made it hard to keep our numbers good but that’s alright they will be better next week.

This week was really good for a lot of reasons.  We have a progressing investigator. He is a really great guy. He is committed to baptism right now but we had some problems with him attending other churches so there is a chance he is going to be delayed a bit.  But he has a friend who comes to each lesson and the other day we committed him to baptism also!  It was really amazing. The spirit in that lesson was really awesome I felt like he would accept and he did!  Really great!

Our devotional with Elder Dickson was really awesome!  You could feel how different everything was when he was there.  He began the devotional by shaking all the missionaries’ hands. Did you know that he only has one arm?  He was so nice. He said that I was the first Allred he has ever met!  He was a great speaker. Our mission was his last one that he will ever speak to as a member of the 70.  He talked a lot about respecting our future wives. I thought that was interesting but it was good.  He also talked about how through our work the church is growing so much in West Africa.  He compared it to Jacob 5.  It was a really great experience to be with him! I’m very lucky haha!  Well other than that it was a pretty normal week!  I hope that you had a great week!  Talk to you next week!  All my love!

Elder Joseph D. Allred II

PS  Forgot my camera again....I hope to send pictures next week!  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment