Favorite Scripture

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." (3 Nephi 5:13)

Monday, October 14, 2013

1st Transfer

Hello from Menontin!! Well I'm sure you can imagine the craziness of my life the past few days.

After getting off the plane Monday of last week and getting my stuff I was met by President Weed. After that President and Sister Weed took me to my old apartment and President Weed told me that I was being transferred to Menontin. He said they would come and get me on Wednesday, so I went back to my old area to sleep there until Wednesday.

Tuesday I woke up, studied and packed almost all morning, I wasn't quiet finished but I had been packing for a little while so I decided to rest and then Elder Kent came running into our room and said the office missionaries are coming in 30 minutes to get you!  They got there in 10.  So after rushing to get everything else packed and ready to go I got in the truck and said goodbye to my first area after staying there for 6 1/2 months!

I arrived in my new sector and put my stuff down and went straight to work!  This area is one of the oldest in Benin. My MTC teacher taught people from this area but it’s good.  We don’t have a lot of progressing investigators so we are working on that. There are also a lot of inactive so we work a lot with them.

Things here are good. I’m adjusted back to Africa, feels like I never left!  It’s nice to be back in the swing of things.  I hope all is well!  I love and miss you so much!

Avec amour,

Elder Joseph D. Allred II

No comments:

Post a Comment